Bacon-wrapped Bourbon Honey Glazed Chicken Lollipops on the BGE MiniMax
Make sure to stoke the fire up with Jealous Devil Charcoal and throw in some Bourbon Barrel Chips for an added bourbon flavor! This sauce alone is amazing with a combination of onion, ketchup, honey, Chile poder, paprika, pepper, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Dijon, and of course, a healthy shot of bourbon! It's so easy, fast and delicious – you may want to double the recipe! Bacon wrap the lollipops and glaze at the end! I served these with Grilled Herbed Smashed potatoes! Yum!
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup white onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp chile powder, divided
- 2 tsp paprika, divided
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 12 pieces bacon
- 6 chicken drumsticks, cleaned for lollipops
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and saute until soft. Add ketchup, honey, dark brown sugar, Worcestershire, dijon, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp chile powder, 1 tsp paprika. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until sauce thickens (about 20 minutes). Add bourbon, stir until well mixed and simmer for another 3 minutes. Put half in bowl to serve for dipping sauce, and the rest will be used to glaze while cooking. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Mix salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp chile powder, 1 tsp paprika in small bowl. Loosen skin on drumsticks and rub mixture under the skin. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each drumstick.
- Start your grill. Grill drumsticks until skin is crispy and juices run clear, and until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Brush drumsticks with sauce and grill for another 5 minutes. Remove from grill and enjoy!