Blood Orange Champagne Mule
This cocktail is definitely a cause for celebration! I have finally found blood oranges at my local store so I can make this cocktail at last! This is that perfect welcome cocktail that is easy to prepare and just as (dangerously) easy to sip! This cocktail has a couple of surprise ingredients! Sugar rim your champagne flutes, add slices of blood oranges, fresh sprig of mint, and voila! A cocktail perfect for any night of the week!
- ½ cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 oz vodka (I used Bogart Vodka)
- 1 oz Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur
- 2 oz ginger beer
- chilled Champagne or Prosecco to top (I used Hi!Prosecco)
- 1 sliced blood orange for garnish
- sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
- In a shaker with ice, add blood orange juice, lime juice, vodka and blood orange liqueur. Shake to combine.
- Evenly divide mixture into champagne flutes, top with ginger beer, and Prosecco/Champagne.
- Garnish with blood orange slices and fresh mint. Enjoy!