Avocado Toast with Grilled Beet Hummus
Who doesn't love Avocado Toast? Super trendy right? But let's take this up a notch add some homemade Grilled Beet Hummus. The beets were grilled on the Big Green Egg over red hot Jealous Devil Charcoal! The grilled beets provide an added smoky flavor with a slight caramelized sweet coating. I created an avocado rose to sit on top off the luxurious Beet Hummus, added some alfalfa sprouts, sliced radishes, pine nuts, and crumbled feta on a piece of toasted multi-grain bread, and oh my goodness! So good!
Grilled Beet Hummus
- 2 medium beets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Supplies for Avocado Toast
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- ½ cup prepared beet hummus
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat grill to 350°
- Wash and peel beets. Place on large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Rub olive oil over beets, and wrap the foil around the beet
- Place foil wrapped beets on grill. Grill for 60 minutes or until beets are tender.
Make Avocado Toast
- Slice thinly, and toast the bread
- Spread a generous amount of hummus on each piece of bread.
- Slice the avocado thinly, and lay on top of the hummus (or make an avocado rose to sit on top of the hummus)
- Add sprouts on top of avocado, sprinkle feta cheese on top, pine nuts, and sliced radishes. Salt + pepper to taste. Serve immediately.