July 12, 2022
Your guests will love it when you share this amazing Berry Tart on a lovely summer evening. A sweet pastry crust with a delicious vanilla and lemon cream cheese filling topped off with fresh berries and sweet vanilla whipped cream. Release your inner culinary artist and have fun designing your dessert to your liking. Use any type of berries you have on hand although I'm partial to strawberries and blueberries.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 9 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (keep cold or frozen)
- 1 egg yolk
Lemon & Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ lemon, finely zested
- ½ pint blueberries
- ½ pint strawberries, hulled and cut crosswise
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 8-inch springform pan, set to side.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in food processor. Pulse a couple of times to just combine.
- Add in butter, a little at a time, and pulse until mixture turns into cornmeal.
- Add egg yolk, and pulse to combine. If needed, add in 1-2 tbsp cold water until dough sticks together.
- Remove mixture from food processor, and press dough into spring form pan evenly as well as up the sides of the pan. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Place buttered foil over dough, pressing gently into surface and up the sides.
- Place tart shell onto baking sheet, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and zest into a medium size bowl. Using electric hand mixer, combine until you have a smooth consistency.
- Place filling mixture onto cooled crust, and spread evenly over the crust.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Add vanilla and heavy cream into a bowl, and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Arrange freshly washed, and dried berries on top of filling in a decorative manner, piping vanilla whipped cream in between berries.