February 14, 2023
Blueberry, Lemon Cream and Honey Heart Pastry
Blueberries and lemon are such a classic combination! These elegant desserts are light, super flavorful and easy to make! Cut them into heart shapes and share with your sweeties for Valentine's Day!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
Lemon Vanilla Cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup store bought lemon curd
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place thawed puff pasty sheet on cutting board, and roll out slightly. You can cut them into rectangles, circles or hearts. Place cut shapes on a silpat/baking sheet. Then score each of your shapes about ½" from the outer edge, and pierce the center of each shape with a fork. Whisk together beaten egg and milk and brush the edges with the egg wash.
- Bake puff pastry until golden brown – around 12-15 minutes (watch carefully). You may need to cut around the inner scoring and press center down slightly to make room for lemon cream. Place on wire rack to let cool to room temperature
Assemble Blueberry Sauce
- Combine blueberries, honey and vanilla into a small bowl. Gently turn blueberries into sauce to marinate for at least 10 minutes. Strain liquid and discard.
Assemble Lemon Vanilla Cream
- Using a hand held mixer, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small bowl. While mixing on low, slowly add the heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Increase the speed and beat until medium soft peaks form.
- Gently fold lemon curd and vanilla extract into cream mixture. If not using right away, cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Place tarts on a serving plate, and divide lemon cream evenly among the tarts. Top with blueberry sauce, and toasted almonds. Dust with powdered sugar, serve and enjoy!