March 23, 2023
Goat Cheese & Mango Steak Bites
Grilled over red hot Jealous Devil Charcoal featuring W Sauce! Mango, goat cheese and mint wrapped up in a beautiful seasoned flank steak. This delicious, elegant and stunning appetizer needs to be on your appetizer rotation for your next gathering. One of the benefits is that you an make it in advance! Marinated in W Sauce for at least one hour, then grilled to perfection over clean burning Jealous Devil Charcoal. Combine creamy goat cheese with W Sauce and finely chopped mint. A smooth layer of the goat cheese mixture on a thinly cut strip of flank steak rolled up with a thinly cut piece of mango, then topped off with a sprig of mint.
- 1 flank steak (1½ – 1¾ lbs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup W Sauce
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp W Sauce
- ½ cup creamy goat cheese (4-5 oz)
- ¼ cup mint, chopped finely
- 30 small mint leaves
- 1 fresh mango, julienne
- Trim flank steak. Pat dry, rub with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in ziplock bag and add the W Sauce. Marinate for at least one hour.
- Prepare grill, heat to 450℉
- Remove the steak from the bag and remove excess marinade. Oil the grates, place the steak on the grill. Grill until internal temperature reaches 125℉ (for rare). Let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Then slice thinly against the grain.
- Combine goat cheese, milk and W Sauce in a small bowl, and mix until creamy. Add chopped mint, and mix in.
- Spread thin layer on one of the thin strips of grilled steak, lay 1 piece of julienned mango, and roll up the steak into a tight roll. Add 1 piece of mint to garnish on the steak roll.
- (These can be made ahead of time)