Honey Pear & Ginger Galette
This dessert was grilled on the Big Green Egg over red hot Jealous Devil Charcoal. This is one of those desserts you make over and over again! My happy taste testers have said that this is one of my best desserts I've made. Flaky puffy crust, sweet cream filling, topped with fall's harvest of sweet pears dripping with raw honey and tangy lemon juice. Grilled to perfection with the most amazing golden brown crust. Finished off with fresh lemon zest and powdered sugar. My taste testers were begging for another piece!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened, room temperature
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Bartlett pears, sliced into ¼" slices
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- Place pizza stone on grill, heat to 400°F
Make Cream Cheese Filling
- Place cream cheese in bowl, add turbinado sugar, ginger powder, and vanilla. Stir until smooth
- Add sliced pears into shallow bowl. Add raw honey, and lemon juice. Very gently, fold pears, careful not to break, with honey/lemon juice mixture
- Place thawed crust on floured surface. Stack one sheet on top of the other. Fold in half. Roll out to compress, then fold in half again in the opposite direction. Roll out until you have a nice even dough. Roughly cut out into a rustic circle.
Place Galette together
- Place dough on some parchment paper. Spread cream cheese filling on top of puff pastry dough, leaving a 1-2" border.
- Arrange pear slices in a concentric circle, slightly overlapping.
- Fold edges of dough over filling and pears. Brush edges of dough with beaten egg. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar over dough.
- Place galette with parchment paper on top of pizza stone. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Sprinkle with lemon zest, and powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!