Grilled Bacon Wrapped Loaded Baked Potato Skins
It's the Big Game Day so get your game face on and make some of these super easy, so delicious, fully loaded grilled bacon-wrapped baked potato skins! Grilled on the Big Green Egg MiniMax over red hot Jealous Devil Charcoal!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Russett potatoes (medium-size), baked and scooped out
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature, softened
- ½ cup Colby-Jack, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ¼ cup white onion diced
- 3 bacon pieces, cooked, and chopped
- 6 bacon slices (thin)
- ½ tsp chili powder (I used Spicy Me's Taco AF)½
- Sour cream and green onions (chopped) for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high (350°F)
- Bake potatoes either in the oven, or a quick cook in the microwave. Once cooled, cut potatoes lengthwise, and scoop out insides leaving about 1/4" shell. Put the scooped out potatoes to the side.
- Heat oil, and fry potato skins until light golden brown. Place on wire cooking rack to drain and cool.
- Combine, cream cheese, shredded cheese, chopped jalapeno, bacon, onions and chili powder. Stir to mix well.
- Fill potato skins with mixture until well rounded and full.
- Wrap each potato skin with one piece of bacon tightly, use toothpicks if needed..
Prepare Potato Skins
- Add bacon wrapped potato skins to the grill. Grill about 30 minutes (check halfway through).
- Once bacon has become browned and crispy, remove from grill. Serve with sour cream and chopped green onions.