Santa Gnome Treats
These little treats have got to be the most delicious and cutest edible Christmas Santa Gnomes! I made these using sugar cookie bottoms, filled them with chocolate mousse, and topped with whipped frosting, a strawberry for a hat, and red M&M for the nose. These will definitely give you a sugar high, but seriously, who could resist?
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (break apart kind)
- 24 oz White Frosting (I used the whipped white frosting)
- 24 strawberries
- 24 red M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray (or use mini liners)
- Place one cookie into each muffin cup (don't flatten)
- Bake cookies for about 18 minutes, and place on wire rack to cool
- While cookies are still warm, take a small spoon and gently press cookies into a cup shape.
- Cool completely before filling.
- Make your favorite Chocolate Mousse recipe or alternately, you can completely fill the bottoms with whipped frosting, vanilla pudding or other yummy filling.
- Wash strawberries, and cut out the crown into a "V" shape (where the leaves are)
- Take one of the cookie cups, and fill with chocolate mousse, or whatever you are going to filling them with, and be generous.
- Then push the strawberry into the filling, cut side down, and add a red M&M for the nose, just under the "V" of the strawberry.
- Add a little of the white frosting, just below the 'nose' on the cookie cup and draw a beard and make some lines for the beard with a toothpick.