Pineapple Firecracker Chicken
Grilled this amazing Pineapple Firecracker Chicken dish on my Big Green Egg using a wok! Wok cooking is super fast and easy! This dish will beat any takeout dish hands down, with tender chunks of chicken and a great balance of the fiery sweet and spicy sauce!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into bite size (substitute tofu, pork, or shrimp)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups multi-colored bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1-2 hot peppers, thinly sliced (I used red fresno peppers, but can use Thai chili peppers depending on how spicy you liked it)
- salt & pepper to season your protein
- vegetable or peanut oil for your wok/pan
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds
- Heat grill to high heat, and place wok in your Big Green Egg (or grill) to heat up.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in a bowl, whisk together ingredients and set aside.
- Season chicken (or protein) with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in your Big Green Egg wok to heat up.
- Cook chicken in your wok until done. Remove from pan.
- Saute onion, garlic, and ginger for about 3-5 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Add pepper, both sweet and hot, to pan and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken back to wok, and add pineapples.
- Pour sauce over ingredients, and cook until sauce thickens, and has coated all ingredients.
- Serve over rice, garnish with sliced green onion, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.