Spicy Pineapple, Mango and Jalapeño Wings
These delicious wings were made on the BGE over red hot Jealous Devil Charcoal. A little bit of sweet with a bit of heat, that’s how I like my wings! The perfect balance between sweet and heat make these juicy chicken wings from Dickie’s Barbecue at Home take you to the tropics, especially with the burst of flavor from Dickies Poultry Rub. These addictive wings are glazed with a sweet chili pineapple sauce to give them that extra bit of sweet heat. Expertly grilled on the amazing Grill Grates to get that perfect sear and crispy bite! Betcha can’t eat just one!
Pineapple, Mango and Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 red chili pepper (Fresno pepper), seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- 8-10 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil, almond oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Dickie's Poultry Rub
Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Glaze
- ¾ cup sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup Pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (or more if you want it spicier)
Prepare Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Glaze
- Add all ingredients in a sauce pot, and heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and save until ready to glaze chicken wings.
Prepare Chicken Wings
- Prepare and clean grill to 400°F
- Dry chicken wings with paper towel, and place on baking sheet. Rub olive/almond oil on both sides of chicken wings, and sprinkle seasoning liberally all over wings.
- Once grill has come to temperature, place chicken wings on grill and cook to temperature. The last 5-10 minutes, glaze the chicken wings with the Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Glaze (both sides). Serve immediately with the Pineapple, Mango and Jalapeno Salsa.
Prepared Pineapple, Mango & Jalapeno Salsa
- Place chopped pineapple, mango, jalapeno, fresno pepper, lime juice and cilantro in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Add salt to taste.